This episode, I’m joined by Kristy Nilsson from Stay True Operations Design to discuss the difference between military and civilian life, how she started her consultancy firm after leaving the military, and different lead generation techniques.
Kristy Nilsson graduated with a Master’s Degree in Education and a specialty in Instructional Design for adult learners, before joining the Navy where she served for almost 10 years.
After leaving the forces Kristy used the knowledge she’d learned to start her own consultancy firm Stay True Operations Design, where she creates systems that empower people to succeed, allows business leaders to step back, and creates a culture focused on excellence. Here are a few of the topics we’ll discuss on this episode of The Consulting Trap:
- Key differences between military and civilian life.
- How Kristy transitioned from military work to the civilian world.
- The qualities leaders need to be successful.
- The value of SOPs.
- Different lead generation techniques.
- How to respond to negativity.
- The importance of a consultancy practice’s name and how Kristy came up with the name for her practice.
Connecting with Kristy Nilsson:
Connecting with the host:
- 05:41 – “What are we doing, what’s the simplest way we can get it done, and what’s the biggest impact we can have.”
- 14:21 – “Sometimes the harshest judgment will be from the people closest to you.”