• Making your language and approach accessible is essential in podcasting and conversations.
• Providing clues and tools helps listeners pick up on the direction of the conversation.
• Onboarding your audience by using less jargon and explaining unfamiliar terms improves accessibility.
• Balancing the need for speed with making content consumable for a broader audience is a challenge.
• News outlets often use explanations to ensure understanding of unfamiliar words or concepts.
• Creating on-ramps for listeners to join the conversation enhances their enjoyment and engagement.
• Speaking in a simple and understandable manner requires effort but is worthwhile.
00:33 – 00:36
• “You want to bring everyone in the conversation along for the ride.”
02:31 – 02:35
• “You won’t regret it. Nobody’s gonna think you’re pandering or talking down.”
02:36 – 02:44
• “It’s much harder actually to speak in a simple way so that everyone can understand than it is to use all of those tools and jargon.”