This episode, I’m joined by Douglas Brown from Halo Consulting to discuss how the pandemic has helped him reach new prospects, the different business development strategies he uses, and how he’s managed to keep a steady workload for his consulting company.
Douglas Brown is the Founder and CEO of Halo Consulting, LLC, where he focuses on the recruitment of high-caliber senior-level talent. Douglas has demonstrated expertise in strategizing talent acquisition, developing leadership, and substantial insight on compensation design. Here are a few of the topics we’ll discuss on this episode of The Consulting Trap:
- How Douglas founded his own consulting company and the type of work he does at Halo Consulting.
- The type of clients Douglas works with and how he serves them.
- The business model of Halo Consulting and how they bill their clients.
- How the pandemic made it easier for Douglas to reach certain prospects.
- How Douglas maintains a steady stream of work at Halo Consulting.
- How virtual roundtables events work and the way they’ve helped Douglas reach new prospects.
- Halo Consulting
- Staff Geek
- FTI Consulting
- The Hard Thing About Hard Things
- The Lean Startup
- Never Split the Difference
- We’ve got Answers
- Zero to One
- Podcast Chef
Connecting with Douglas Brown:
Connecting with the host:
- Sean Boyce on LinkedIn
- 09:15 – “Execution is the best business development.”
- 14:33 – “I absolutely love to go out and be hunting, going after new logos and new business, but the farming aspect has really allowed Halo to be in a spot where we’re having more conversations with HR Executives and other leaders of organizations and businesses.”