This episode, I’m joined by Juliana Whitney from Cann Strategy to discuss how she became a cannabis consultant, how to know if a client is going to be difficult to work with, and why she started the product-based service Leefsheets.
Juliana Whitney is the Founder of Cann Strategy and Leefsheets and has been a uniquely creative cannabis business strategy consultant since 2015.
Juliana has acted as a key creative and strategic component in the growth of six startup companies in healthcare, fine foods, and cannabis. Here are a few of the topics we’ll discuss on this episode of The Consulting Trap:
- How Juliana became a cannabis consultant.
- The challenges of getting into the cannabis industry.
- How Juliana got her first clients for her consultant business.
- How to know if a client is going to be difficult to work with.
- The importance of learning when to say no.
- How Juliana grew her two businesses differently.
- The benefits of using a product service.
- The process of acquiring clients.
Connecting with Juliana Whitney:
Connecting with the host:
- Brian Mattocks on LinkedIn
- 08:41 – “I wasn’t super accustomed to saying no but I eventually learned the people I just could not work with and what the signs were for them.”
- 13:21 – “Consulting is only so scaleable.”