This episode, I’m joined by Founder and Principal Influencer Marketing Consultant of 551 Media Tom Augenthaler to talk about how influencer marketing can be used in business, the difference between B2B and B2C influencers, and why using the right influencers is so important.
Tom Augenthaler has spent the last 12 years working to perfect the process of rapidly implementing influencer marketing to help early-stage companies and enterprises build affinity with their ideal customers.
Tom is the Founder and Principal Influencer Marketing Consultant of 551 Media where he continues his work to help B2B companies apply influencer marketing to capture market demand. Here are a few of the topics we’ll discuss on this episode of The Consulting Trap:
- How to get your first clients.
- The problem with relying on referrals.
- How to optimize your reach on LinkedIn.
- What to do when you take on a bad client.
- How to structure your services as a consultant.
- The difference between B2B and B2C influencers.
- How to use influencer marketing in your business.
- 551 Media
- Sales Navigator
- Blue Ocean Strategy
- Everybody Writes
- Pitch Anything
- Made to Stick
- Podcast Chef
Connecting with Tom Augenthaler:
Connecting with the host:
- 14:43 – “Not everybody needs a consultant, so what else can you do to offer people something. So just by listening to the clients that I had and had had in the past, I determined to put together these products and they’re always evolving Brian, it’s never set in stone because the market is always shifting a little bit and you’ve got to stay on top of things.”
- 16:40 – “They needed the education, they had some information but they weren’t entirely educated and I found that even with every client I have now I have to educate them to a degree about who B2B influencers are, how they operate, how I break down the different influencer types because it’s not the same as it is on the consumer side.”
- 24:18 – “How to tell stories so that people will fund your company, it’s not about facts and figures, it’s about the stories you tell.”