This episode, I’m joined by the Owner of Ideas at Dawn Angie Wolfe to discuss how she helps consultants improve their proposal development, the benefits of working with a marketing team, and the different ways she uses LinkedIn to reach new clients.
- Ways independent consultants can improve their proposal process and business development.
- The team Angie built to help others improve their proposals.
- How Angie went from working in corporate to landing her own clients and turning her side gig into a business.
- How to leverage your existing contacts to find new clients.
- How to use LinkedIn to reach new clients.
- How having a marketing team can improve your client outreach process.
- 9:33 – “The hard part? The hard part wasn’t the clients, the hard part was doing a full-time job and then doing the side gig on the side.”
- 16:26 – “It’s still referrals from my current clients who talk to other people and hear about me, it’s still leveraging my warm audience that I still met and know and continuing to use them but it’s becoming more referral based and in addition to the free webinars I also speak at conferences and do free webinars for other associations in this field and industry, there are two big ones, so continue to get visible and work comes.”
- 19:48 – “Network even when you’re in corporate you just never know. You never know when you might decide to do something different.”