Today, I’m joined by CEO and Founder of Lightholder Consulting Scott Phillips to discuss how he expanded from being a solo consultant to starting his own consulting business and the lessons he learned along the way…
Scott Phillips is the Founder and CEO of Lightholder Consulting, which specializes in Microsoft Dynamics CRM and Power Platform consulting.
Scott has over 22 years of full SDLC experience in relevant current technologies and has been running his consulting business for almost 5 years. Here are a few of the topics we’ll discuss on this episode of The Consulting Trap:
- How Scott started his business Lightholder Consulting and what they specialize in.
- What the process looks like moving from solo independent consulting to building a team.
- How to know when to expand beyond being a solopreneur or consultant.
- How Scott’s business development process changed when he started his business.
- The amount of capital Scott invested into his business and how he knew this was the right thing to do.
- The importance of balancing cost with value when hiring new employees.
- How to determine which channels to invest in from a business perspective.
Connecting with Scott Phillips:
Connecting with the host:
- Sean Boyce on LinkedIn
- 14:10 – “If you’re not an expert in something, hire somebody that is.”
- 19:54 – “I never got cheap doing this, I wanted to hire people smarter than me, and that paid real dividends.”