Learn essential techniques on how to interrupt guests effectively and redirect them to stay on track during podcast episodes. Interrupting strategically can save time, prevent irrelevant content, and ensure a captivating final product.
• Interrupting guests can prevent them from monopolizing the entire showtime with irrelevant answers or excessive jargon.
• Skillful interruptions can be framed as a desire to clarify, understand impact, or delve deeper into a particular topic.
• Retargeting guest responses through interruptions can make the content more appropriate and engaging for the audience.
• Failure to interrupt may result in losing valuable time and a potentially unusable episode.
• Interrupting is a valuable skill that helps podcast hosts maintain control and facilitate the best content from their guests.
01:05 – 01:11
• “Hey, I wanna stop you there because I think I don’t wanna lose a piece of what you just said, ’cause I think it’s really important.”
01:12 – 01:20
• “Hey, I want to stop you there and I want to get a little bit more clarity around what you’re talking about because our listeners may need a little more help following along.”
01:30 – 01:36
• “Hey, can you stop for a moment and I wanna understand what impact that had on you or your business or what have you.”
02:14 – 02:24
• “Interrupting is a valuable skill as a podcast host. It will help you save episodes and help guests bring their best knowledge and content to the table.”