This episode, I’m joined by the Founder of Korsi Consulting Tissa Hami to discuss the skills you need as a DEI consultant, the challenges most organizations face with their DEI, and how best to approach companies about their DEI training.
- How to get the skills you need to be a DEI consultant.
- How to get your first clients as a consultant.
- The most common challenges organizations have with DEI.
- The function of DEI.
- The business case for DEI.
- Gen Z’s attitude towards DEI.
- How to approach companies about their DEI training.
- How consultants can get new business without using referrals.
- Korsi Consulting
- LinkedIn DEI Series
- How to Be an Antiracist
- 13th Documentary
- Nice White Parents
- Podcast Chef
- 14:11 – “Your voice may not be heard because of who you are, things that you have no control over, happenstance of birthplace, happenstance of birth race, gender, all of that conversation sometimes gets in the way of our ability to create effective outcomes as consultants.”
- 15:57 – “If someone isn’t being heard, and they’re not being heard one time in one meeting but then ten times and twenty times you know what happens they stop trying, they stop trying to be heard they stop with their ideas and eventually they go find another job where they will be heard, so you lose good people by not being inclusive.”
- 23:22 – “The conference route is a legit thing to understand that you can’t get too early into that game even if you just go as a participant you never know who you’re going to shake hands with.”