• Understand how your content threads together for a cohesive audience journey.
• Connect lateral content to lead listeners/viewers/readers to deeper, more supportive content.
• Reward channel switching with valuable resources like checklists or downloads.
• Moving from passive to active engagement is easier within the same channel.
• Utilize calls-to-action within the channel to encourage active audience participation.
• Moving audiences to different channels and levels of engagement is challenging.
• Rewards and efforts should align to motivate audience action.
00:24 – 00:34 • “You also want to figure out what your connective tissue is to lead people, either to lateral content or down deeper into stronger content.”
00:48 – 00:56 • “You might want to make sure you link to another podcast, something that’s connected or related.”
02:03 – 02:15 • “It’s harder to get them to go from channel to channel, and then it’s even harder still to get them to go from a passive relationship to an active one.”
02:28 – 02:43 • “Leave a comment here to tell me X, y, or Z. That’s an intent there is to try and get someone from a passive audience role to an active audience role.”
03:07 – 03:21 • “When you try and have someone both go from a to a different channel and to a different level of that engagement, you’re now essentially making it very, very difficult.”