• Content creation helps build parasocial relationships, where one party creates content and the other forms an impression while consuming it.
• Podcasting and video podcasting are effective methods to build parasocial relationships and reach a wide audience.
• Content creation through podcasting offers scalability, reaching numerous people compared to traditional relationship development.
• Podcasting as a business strategy focuses on relationship development and management, including relationships with guests.
• Social relationship rules apply to guest management and relationship development in podcasting.
• Building social capital by offering extra content, information, and connections can benefit future collaborations.
• Leveraging podcasting relationships can be a valuable business development strategy.
00:00 – 00:11 • “Content creation as a strategy works really well to help build a type of special type of relationship with folks that are out there that may be in the market for your product or service.”
01:24 – 01:32 • “With parasocial relationships, you can build a podcast episode and reach, you know, tens, hundreds, thousands of people.”
02:43 – 02:53 • “Start building that social capital by giving and offering a bunch of extra content, a bunch of extra information, connections in your network.”
03:02 – 03:09 • “Building these relationships are gonna be a great way for you to leverage your podcast or use your podcast as a business development strategy moving forward.”