• Start small and simple when purchasing podcasting equipment.
• A good microphone is the most important initial purchase for clear and professional audio.
• Consider the ambient noise in your recording space and invest in tools to reduce it.
• USB microphones are suitable for most podcasters, while XLR microphones offer more control for professional setups.
• Sound management in the room, such as drapery and foam cushions, can improve audio quality.
• When filming video for your podcast, invest in a quality camera and lighting as well.
• Stay tuned for future episodes and YouTube videos for more tips on setting up and managing microphones.
01:39 – 01:48 • “One of the best bits of news here is that there are tools you can use to either reduce the amount of noise that makes it through.”
02:49 – 02:57 • “After the microphone, your next step is going to be probably a little bit of sound management in the room you’re in.”
03:21 – 03:27 • “It all starts with a great microphone and how that gets, you know, plugged in, managed and used.”
03:28 – 03:36 • “We’ll be releasing more podcast episodes and more, particularly more on our YouTube channel about how to set up your mic.”
03:47 – 03:51 • “Stick with us and look for more microphone information in a future episode.”