This episode, Founder and CEO of Zebra Advertizing Rocco Baldassarre talks about the rise of automation in marketing, how marketers can prepare for the changing world of marketing, and the different skills marketers need going into the future.
Rocco Baldassarre is the Founder and CEO of Zebra Advertisement, which is currently managing accounts on Google AdWords, Facebook, Twitter, and Microsoft AdCenter spending an average of $5M US per month.
Rocco is also a three-time Google Partners All-Star Winner, and was featured in Forbes 30 Under 30 for Marketing and Advertising (Class of 2018). Here are a few of the topics we’ll discuss on this episode of The Consulting Trap:
- How to get featured in Forbes 30 Under 30 for Marketing and Advertising.
- How marketing is changing and how to prepare for it.
- What makes a marketing campaign successful.
- The increase of automation in marketing.
- The different skills marketers will need in the future.
- How to stand out in an AI-created content environment.
- Advice for new marketers.
- How to assess a new client.
Connecting with Rocco Baldassarre:
Connecting with the host:
- 2:23 – “Marketing is going to change and is changing, first things first we can look at it on our day to day if you look at Google adverts, Facebook advertising, Bing advertising everything is moving towards automation which is making most of the marketing positions redundant over time.”
- 4:51 – “The first companies that want for a business to be successful are Google, Facebook, and all the other platforms out there why do they want that because unless the clients make money they are not going to make money with advertising so they will do everything in their power to make it as easy as possible for any company to make profits.”
- 18:39 – “I lived in probably 15 countries prior moving to the US and I picked up a bit of everything, the most important thing I learned is you need to learn to have compassion both with your clients and with the people working for you the reason being we always forget that we are talking to other human beings and a client sometimes might be mean to you but he might be mean because he’s a human being he’s worried about something so always being compassionate brings you way better results than being aggressive or mean or anything else.”
- 19:33 – “Continuos improvement you need to always try to achieve to be the best at what you do you never need to settle because remember this is a world that is globalized and there is always going to be someone who is hungrier than you are.”
- 20:04 – “You need clear mind to do your job well so sacrificing little pleasures for work it seems like an effort worth doing because it’s going to help you grow your business but it actually clouds your mind the best ideas come to you when you’re having fun and relaxing.”