This episode, I’m joined by Jennifer Hipskind from Next Jenn Consulting to discuss how she found her first coaching clients, different ways to expand your network, and how creating content can bring in business.
Jennifer Hipskind worked at JCPenney for over 35 years, rising to a top corporate leadership role during that time.
Following her passion for serving others, Jennifer started her own coaching and consulting firm Next Jenn Coaching where she provides professional coaching and consulting services to clients in retail, dining, and hospitality as well as multiple other industries. Here are a few of the topics we’ll discuss on this episode of The Consulting Trap:
- How Jennifer moved from the corporate world to starting her own coaching firm.
- How Jennifer found her first coaching clients.
- How to balance marketing, scaling your practice, and actual coaching work.
- Indicators that you’re at the limit of your network.
- Ways to expand your network.
- Where to get ideas for content creation.
- The importance of having the right chemistry with your mentors and clients.
- How creating content transfers to bringing in business.
- How to decide which platforms are best to publish your content on.
Connecting with Jennifer Hipskind:
Connecting with the host:
- 03:26 – “Talk about what you do everywhere.”
- 12:36 – “There’s choices in consultants and there’s choices in coaches out there so it’s all about great chemistry.”