This episode, I’m joined by SEO consultant Shawn Swaim to discuss effective business development techniques that consultants can use to get a consistent steady workload…
Shawn Swaim has been working in SEO for over 10 years and found his own consulting firm Shawn Swaim Consulting in 2016.
Since then he’s been helping ecommerce businesses get more qualified traffic, eliminate conversion dissonance, increase conversion rates, and build a follow up sales funnel to increase revenue with a process called Reverse SEO. Here are a few of the topics we’ll discuss on this episode of The Consulting Trap:
- How Shawn went from hacking websites to starting his own SEO consultancy company.
- The type of clients Shawn works with and the business development techniques he’s found to be most effective.
- How consultants can get a consistent steady workload.
- How running a podcast can help you build new relationships and networks.
- The future outlook for podcasting and what differentiates a successful podcast from an unsuccessful one.
- The need for patience and consistency when starting your own podcast.
Connecting with Shawn Swaim:
Connecting with the host:
- Sean Boyce on LinkedIn
- 2:04 – “I kinda joke around, if we had todays internet speeds while I was in High School I’d probably be in jail.”
- 19:48 – “If you’re someone who gets bored easily or wants instant results podcasting probably isnt right for you.”
- 23:23 – “Anybody in the consulting world, or any business for that matter, be willing for something to take a year to bare fruit.”